Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Welcome Stacy Moran to MCBF 2014

Stacy Moran joins the author lineup for MCBF 2014

Stacy (SAM) was born in West Virginia but now finds herself living in Texas. She has loved writing since she wrote her first book in the first grade, The Land Without Rules. Her mother will tell you it was a brilliant piece of literature.
An author of several genres, she prefers to combine the mainstream genres of paranormal and gothic romance with elements of erotic, mythology and fantasy.
She has a flair for creating not only unforgettable heroes and heroines but also her villains are characters you want to get to know and will fall in love or hate with.
Finally taking the steps to follow a dream, Stacy finds herself on an amazing new journey. Her most recent works include, Blood Myth (The Myth Series), Whispers in the Dark, Sekhmet’s Revenge, The Lotus, and a series of erotic shorts Temptation Tuesdays.
 
For more information, visit http://www.stacyamoran.com/.
 
 
An interview with Stacy:
 
At what age did you start writing?
Seven, I wrote my first book. 'A Land Without Rules' my mom will tell you it was brilliant 
Patty Campbell talks about the germ for a piece of writing being like the sand in the oyster.  What is your grain of sand?  Do you begin with character or setting or something else?
I create worlds but they are based on a few characters that starts the process. Normally the loudest character gets his story told first. 
Do you outline before you write or just dive in?
I should outline but I am a pantser 
Why do you write for Young Adults or Children or Adult (whichever is pertinent)?
I write mainly for adults because I still want fairy tales. I believe my peers do as well so I try to write adult fairy tales by using romance, mythology, mystery, and paranormal. 
Who is your favorite character you have written or read about?
Tanerk Raka right now from my Myth Series. He is the charismatic, sexy, intelligent, and very evil demon created from an Egyptian God. He always entertains whenever he appears. Tanerk has you rooting for the bad guy.
What is one thing you would like your readers to know about you?
That's a hard question but probably what I want everyone to know about me.
I'm just a girl trying to live my life hopefully creating more good than bad. 
In high school, where did you fall? (Prom Queen/King, Gamer Geek, Brainy/Book Nerd, Jock, Shy/Quiet Scholar, Skate Rat, Stoner, Class Clown, etc.)
Cross between Brainy/Book Nerd and Hippie Chic 
Do you have a pet (pets)?  Tell us about it (them) and how they help/hinder your writing.
Yes, five pets. Three dogs, Mandy, Susie, and Jackie. Two cats Misty and the evil Athena( she is my favorite). Some days they drive me nuts wanting attention making writing difficult but other days they are so relaxing and my writing just flows. 
What books or authors have most influenced your writing most?
Dr.Seuss and Anne Rice
Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Anne Rice to pick her brain 
And my personal favorite:  It’s the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, what 3 things are a must to take with you when you flee your home for refuge from the undead hordes??
Water, pen, and notebook ( cliche from a writer but true)
Meet Stacy at the
on February 15th
at Lone Star College - Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment