Thursday, January 30, 2014

Welcome Dotti Enderle to 2014 MCBF

Dotti Enderle is coming to MCBF 2014


Dotti Enderle is the author of dozens of books for children, including Grandpa for Sale and The Library Gingerbread Man. Her young adult novels are published under the pen name, Dax Varley. She resides with her husband in Richmond, TX.


Read Dotti's interview here:


Do you outline before you write or just dive in?

I jump in feet first. I have an idea where the plot is going, but many times it takes an unexpected turn.

In high school, where did you fall? (Prom Queen/King, Gamer Geek, Brainy/Book Nerd, Jock, Shy/Quiet Scholar, Skate Rat, Stoner, Class Clown, etc.)

Shy/Quiet, but not scholarly at all. I just sort of existed.

What books or authors have most influenced your writing most?

In 1999 I read the book, When Zachary Beaver Came To Town by Kimberly Willis Holt. My first thought was, ‘Why can’t I write something like this?’ So I took a highlighter and marked up the book, highlighting the hook, which verbs she chose, how she handled dialogue. I learned more from that dissection than from any of the writing classes I’d taken.

Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?

Washington Irving. I just published a YA novel based on “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow.” I’d really like to say thanks.

It’s the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, what 3 things are a must to take with you when you flee your home for refuge from the undead hordes??

My trusty slingshot, sensible shoes, and a lot of clean underwear. If I’m encountering zombies, that underwear will be needed!
 
Meet Dotti in the Children's Zone at the
on Saturday, February 15th
at Lone Star College - Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment