Friday, December 13, 2013

Introducing Kristin Rae to the 2014 MCBF Author List

 
Introducing Kristin Rae...


Kristin Rae was born and raised in Houston, Texas, where she lives with her husband and their two boxers. She’s addicted to books, music, movies, crafty things, and chocolate. A former figure skating coach, LEGO merchandiser, and photographer, she’s now happy to create stories while pretending to ignore the carton of gelato in the freezer. Wish You Were Italian is her debut.
 
Kristin is a hometown darling!  Read more about her in her interview here:
 
Patty Campbell talks about the germ for a piece of writing being like the sand in the oyster.  What is your grain of sand?  Do you begin with character or setting or something else?
It's not uncommon for me to start with a title. I know. Weird. I keep a running list of potential titles and I've developed story seeds for each of them.
Why do you write for Young Adults?
I love how enthusiastic YA readers are, and the intensity of feelings, hopes, dreams.... It's such a unique time in life, and through my characters I'm able to relive so many of those firsts in a more dramatic way. It's just so fun to write!
Do you have a pet (pets)?  Tell us about it (them) and how they help/hinder your writing.
I have two boxers, Duke and Mylie. Mylie's pretty independent, but Duke can often be found curled up on the floor next to my desk. They only hinder my writing the hour and a half leading up to dinner time when they stare me down and take turns whining.
Which famous person, living or dead would you like to meet and why?
Gene Kelly. I'd love to dance with him.
It’s the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, what 3 things are a must to take with you when you flee your home for refuge from the undead hordes??
Assuming I had an Undetectable Extension Charm on my backpack: I'd take my entire bookcase because clearly there would be no electricity to recharge an ereader, my chocolate stash because I'd spend the last known days of my life eating whatever I wanted, and my toiletry bag so I could keep brushing my teeth and washing my hair until supplies ran out.
 
Meet Kristin, a true hometown darling, at the 2014 Montgomery County Book Festival
on February 15 at Lone Star College - Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment