Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Molly Blaisdell joins the 2014 Montgomery County Book Festival Author Line Up


Welcome             Molly Blaisdell...
Texan Molly Blaisdell started her first fan fiction group in junior high and never stopped writing. Today, she writes about geek girls with lofty dreams and about the absolute craziness of falling in love. When Molly's not writing, she's curled up with a book, heading to late night showings of popcorn blockbusters, or watching for shooting stars on a clear night. If she sees the moon in the daytime, she thinks she's lucky. PLUMB CRAZY is her debut romance novel. Molly lives in College Station, Texas with her college sweetheart Tim and two cats – one evil and one good.
 
Learn a little more about Molly in her interview below.

Do you outline before you write or just dive in?  Generally, I am a fan of the outline. If you don't give me a map, I'll never arrive. That said, I don't use formal outlines but rely on a synopsis format. I determine how many chapters I need. I add a few lines under each paragraph that sums up the action in that chapter. This is my method. I don't think there is a right way to write. I write my way, but yours may be very different.  

Why do you write for Young Adults or Children or Adult (whichever is pertinent)? Honestly depending on the season, I write for all three. My upcoming book, PLUMB CRAZY (Swoon Romance, May 2014), is a crossover for teens and adults. 
When you write a story, it's not for right now. It's for somebody, someday. It's also about once-upon-a-time, an imagined history. I write because I feel very connected to the future and the past. I'm hardwired to bring them together, to tuck something in your pocket for the road ahead. I find stories keep percolating long after you read them, and they are there to help in your trials and triumphs. 
There is usually humor in everything I write, too, because, to me, there is enough drama already. Laughing helps us all survive the degradations of this life. An excellent life is about making a difference in whatever way you can. Writing is my way.
Do you have a pet (pets)? Tell us about it (them) and how they help/hinder your writing.
I have two pets currently. Mr. Tibbs, who was rescued as a kitten from an abandoned house, and Mr. Oreo, who was a rescued cat from a local shelter.  

Mr. Tibbs is a giant cat. He is part Maine Coon and very calm. He is so huggable and when I can't find my way in a story, hugging Mr. Tibbs always helps. 

Mr. Oreo is a little tuxedo cat and a trickster. He likes to sit on my laptop keys and scratch through the manuscript pages while I'm editing. My printer jams a lot because, yes, that is also his favorite place to sit. And also in any box, the smaller the better. 

It’s the dawn of the zombie apocalypse, what 3 things are a must to take with you when you flee your home for refuge from the undead hordes??

I hope someone has written the Complete Guide for the Zombie Apocalypse because I could really use that book. I'd also take a water purifier and a ninja/superhero/immortal (because I'm not fighting zombies. No way!). 


 Thanks for the interview Molly! 


Meet Molly at the 2014 Montgomery County Book Festival on February 15, 2014.

For more information, visit www.mollyblaisdell.com/.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment