Friday, December 20, 2013

Victoria Scott is BACK for MCBF 2014!!

She's baaaaaack...Victoria Scott joins the fun again for MCBF 2014!

Victoria Scott writes teen fiction and is represented by Sarah Crowe. She’s the author of the Fire & Flood series published by Scholastic, and the Dante Walker trilogy published by Entangled Teen. Her books have been bought and translated in nine foreign markets including the UK, Germany, Turkey, Poland, Australia, China, Brazil, New Zealand, and The Netherlands. Victoria lives in Dallas with her husband and adores cotton candy. Visit her online at VictoriaScottYA.com.
 
The ADORABLE Victoria recently answered a few interview questions for us.  Read her answers here!

Do you outline before you write, or just dive in? 

I outline more and more with each book. The one book I didn't get published was the only one I didn't outline. Go figure. As I read and study process, I realize there really are crucial parts of the story you miss without outlining. For me, anyway. 

In high school, where did you fall? (Prom Queen/King, Gamer Geek, Brainy/Book Nerd, Jock, Shy/Quiet Scholar, Skate Rat, Stoner, Class Clown, etc.)

I was a cheerleader who dreamed of being a goth girl. We always want what we don't have, I suppose. 

Do you have a pet (pets)?  Tell us about it (them) and how they help/hinder your writing.

Yes. My cat has the most ridiculous face, ever. If I even look at him while I'm writing, I start laughing. Works well for those humorous scenes.

Patty Campbell talks about the germ for a piece of writing being like the sand in the oyster.  What is your grain of sand?  Do you begin with character or setting or something else? 

For me, it's a bad situation. And it usually involves a lot of darkness. Potential for conflict = good fodder for writing. 
 
If you didn't get to meet Victoria last year,
don't miss your chance on February 15th at the
held at Lone Star College - Montgomery.

No comments:

Post a Comment