Sunday, November 18, 2012

An Interview with Jacqueline Kelly

Q: Do you have a pet (pets)?  Tell us about it (them) and how they help/hinder your writing.

A: My husband and I have three cats (Callie, Tiger Lilly, Petunia) and two dogs (Molly, Laika).  Callie Cat likes to sit on top of me when I read in bed, and she likes to sleep on top of whatever I'm working on.  She is a talkative calico, and we have long, involved conversations about reading and writing.

Q: What do you hear from your readers?

A: I get lovely fan letters, mainly from young girls, but occasionally from boys as well.  They send me drawings and little bits of nature, such as leaves and bug stickers (but not real bugs). One girl sent me a piece of her grandmother's tatting!

Q: In high school, where did you fall? (Prom Queen/King, Gamer Geek, Brainy/Book Nerd, Jock, Shy/Quiet Scholar, Skate Rat, Stoner, Class Clown, etc.)


A: In high school, I was definitely the shy/scholar type.  When I got to college, that all changed.  One of the great things about going to university is that no one cares or remembers what you were like in high school. No. One.  (Hurray!)

Thanks so much for your time Jacqueline! We look forward to seeing you at the Festival.

Visit Jacqueline Kelly's website to learn more about her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment